+382 20 410 100
The mission of the Ministry of Education is to implement systemic changes with the aim of achieving interdepartmental synergy and improving work through: creating a quality education system, accessible to all; investing in science, encouraging scientific research activities; protecting and preserving cultural goods, as important elements of national identity and long-term resources for sustainable development; encouraging the development of sports and affirming sports important for the promotion of Montenegro at the international level; creating and improving youth policy; developing school, scientific, cultural and sports infrastructure.
+382 20 408 901
The Bureau for Education Services is the leading state educational institution for monitoring, improvement and evaluation of educational processes, which determines and ensures the quality of educational work in institutions and performs development, advisory, research and professional work in the field of: preschool education and upbringing, primary education and upbringing, secondary general education, vocational and adult education, education and upbringing of children with special needs and upbringing in student dormitories.
The Bureau for Education Services in the areas of preschool education and upbringing, primary education and upbringing, secondary general education, general vocational education, education and upbringing of children with special needs and upbringing in student dormitories:
1) in cooperation with the institution, determines the quality of realization of standards of educational work in institutions;
2) in cooperation with the institution, works on the improvement of educational work in institutions;
3) performs professional tasks of monitoring, analysis and development of the educational system;
4) prepares expert tasks on issues decided by the National Council and the Ministry;
5) prepares educational and pedagogical-methodological standards of textbooks and manuals for secondary general education and for general education subjects in vocational education;
6) performs professional tasks in the preparation of: curricula, catalogs and standards of knowledge, norms and standards of teaching aids and equipment;
7) conducts research;
8) performs advisory work;
9) organizes professional development of teachers and training of principals;
10) proposes measures for the development of certain levels of education, new teaching technologies and for their application;
11) follows experiments;
12) performs other tasks, in accordance with the law and the act on the establishment of the Bureau.
+382 20 664 713
The Center for Vocational Education performs developmental, advisory, research, professional work, as well as work on determining and ensuring the quality of educational work in the field of vocational education and adult education.
+382 20 665 590
The Examination Center performs external verification of the achieved standard of knowledge and skills of students, i.e. trainees. The competencies of the Examination Center are as follows: preparation of tests, organization and implementation of exams, in accordance with the law; capacity building of the institutions to prepare for conducting external exams; consulting and provision of services for external knowledge testing; research and development of external knowledge testing of students and trainees; performing international comparisons of the quality of the education system; organization of international tests; organization of state competitions for students.
In addition to the tasks prescribed by the law, pursuant to Art. 3 of the Decision on the Establishment of the Examination Center, the Examination Center performs the following tasks:
- develops and forms a database of tests and other test materials;
- develops and conducts pilot tests;
- produces and prints test materials, brochures, instructions and the like;
- keeps appropriate records related to external knowledge testing;
- analyzes, processes and publishes the results of external knowledge testing;
- organizes advisory work with schools in order to provide professional assistance for better implementation of external testing;
- organizes seminars, conferences, lectures, etc. which are important for conducting and improving external knowledge testing;
- actively participates and implements projects aimed at international comparability of educational systems.
+382 20 230 413
The Institute for Textbook Publishing and Teaching Aids - Podgorica is the only publisher of textbooks for preschool education and upbringing, primary education and upbringing, secondary general and secondary vocational education and education of students with special educational needs. Since 2009, based on the decision of the Government of Montenegro, the overall publishing activity in the field of education (textbooks, teaching aids for general and vocational education, professional literature...) has been integrated in one institution.
Activities of the Institute for Textbook Publishing and Teaching Aids - Podgorica involve publication of textbooks, extracurricular aids, periodicals, brochures, music CDs, DVDs, etc., as well as books and other publications and include: